Monday, February 27, 2012

February 20, 2012

This week was not as great for me as the last. A lot of investigators told us that they no longer desire that we teach them and many times during the week I felt like I wasn´t receiving any guidance from the Holy Ghost. We are having difficulties finding more people to teach, and the people we´re teaching aren´t attending church, even when they commit to do it. I´ve also been thinking about something my patriarchal blessing mentions about me being going on a mission to touch the lives of those I need to touch and that there are people here that only I can move to make correct decisions.

Ok, enough with my negative attitude. Sorry, there´s just a lot of things going through my mind now that I only have a month left. I continue seeking for that voice from Heaven telling me that what I´ve done is enough and that the Lord is pleased with my service. A scripture I read today helped me a little, 1 Nephi 21:3-6. The good thing is that Moises and his wife were married on saturday and he will be baptized on friday. The other good thing is that all of our recent converts have continued faithful despite challenges and opposition. Lucia was just called to be the adviser of one of the young women groups and Alfredo just received the Aaronic priesthood. Miguel Angel also received the Aaronic priesthood on sunday and is close to finishing Alma in the Book of Mormon. Ugghhh, but it really worrys me to know of the challenges and trials some of them are facing.

I wish there was something I could do for Marc. Give him a big hug for me and tell him to read these scriptures that tend to cheer me up: Alma 26:35, Moroni 7:41-42, Alma 29:9-10, 2 Nefi 9:3, D&C 14:7.

I got your dear elder package. thanks for the giant cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment