Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012 - FINAL POST

I expect this to be the best week of my whole mission. Claudia, who I think I told you a little about last week, will be baptized on saturday. And, miracalously, Carmen and Enrique will finally be able to get married this week and will also be baptized on saturday. I`m so grateful that I will be able to witness this long awaited saving ordinance before I return home. I never imagined that I would have the chance to see it with my own eyes. It truly is a miracle. The best part is knowing that in one year they`ll be able to be sealed as a family for all eternity. This is the first and only time during my whole mission in which the husband and wife of a family I`ve taught will be baptized at the same time. Immediately following the baptismal service we have an activity planned especially for the new and recently reactivated members. What a great way to finish.

Another investigator of ours, Isabel Molina, the sister of Lucia, our recent convert, accepted to prepare to be baptized the 1 of April. Too bad I won`t be here.

I was very happy yesterday to see the gospel principles class totally packed. An inactive member attended with us for the first time in years and several others that don`t live in our ward boundaries also attended chuch for the first time.

I really never believed this time would come. Now I understand why they always told me that my time as a missionary was going to be extremely short. Until now, these really have been the best two years of my life, although I hope to have even better years in the future. I`ve discovered that real joy comes from dedicated service to the Lord and HIs children, and from seeking His will and direction for my life. I`ve learned and grown so much over these last two years and, yet, I still feel like I`ve only reached the very first step of my full potential and everything the Lord expects me to be.

I normally end my emails with Brett, because I feel like that`s still who I am to you. However, I feel it appropriate now to use that sacred title of Elder seeing as it will be the last time I`ll be able to.

Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment